The postnatal period refers to the first six weeks after your baby is born however I do believe this chapter in a women’s life can Spain out for over 12 months.
It’s a time of many emotional and physical changes and challenges that can occur, as you settle into a new rhythm of life and learn to care for your newborn and family.
Support around this time is vital for any new mum, our aim is to support, nurture, and provide you with optimal health that will sustain you and your family’s wellbeing.
A new mum’s nutritional needs are highest when recovering from birth and pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Having expert advice on how to best achieve this is one less thing to worry about. Herbal medicine and nutraceutical supplementation may also assist with breastmilk production and quality, ensuring your baby’s nutritional needs are fully met.
Your Postpartum care may involve:
- Recovery and healing, such as uterus returning to normal size, tears or cesarean section incision healing
- Breastmilk production and quality
- Reducing baby’s reaction to breastmilk, colic, or reflux
- Ensuring adequate growth of baby
- Fatigue, boosting energy
- Emotional support, including anxiety, postnatal depression, low mood
- Prevention and treatment of mastitis
- Cracked and sore nipples
- Blood loss
- Sleep deprivation
- Boosting energy levels
- Stress reduction
- Belly and skin rejuvenation
- Reduction of reactions to your milk from your breastfeeding baby
- Have a more settled baby
Becoming a Newborn mum requires a village of people to support you so you can learn, relax, trust and enjoy motherhood, this means putting you first by making sure your cup is full, nourished, and supported. This in return will allow you to focus on bonding with your baby and family while enjoying this new chapter of your life.